Tuesday, April 27, 2004
But first, check out these giant snails:
Test your knowledge!
WHO WAS HE?
-He was born of the virgin Maya, who was considered the "Queen of Heaven.
- He was of royal descent.
- He crushed a serpent's head.
- He performed miracles and wonders, healed the sick, fed 500 men from a "small basket of cakes," and walked on water.
- He abolished idolatry, was a "sower of the word," and preached "the establishment of a kingdom of righteousness."
- He taught chastity, temperance, tolerance, compassion, love, and the equality of all.
- He was transfigured on a mount.
- He was crucified in a sin-atonement, suffered for three days in hell, and was resurrected.
- He ascended to "heaven." HE WAS...BUDDHA
WHO WAS HE?
- He contributed the name of Jesus Christ. He and his once-and-future Father, are frequently interchangeable in the mythos ("I and my Father are one").
- He was born of the virgin Meri on December 25th in a cave/manger, with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.
- He was a child teacher in the Temple and was baptized when he was 30 years old. He was also baptized by "Anup the Baptizer," who becomes "John the Baptist."
- He had 12 disciples.
- He performed miracles and raised one man, el-Azar-us, from the dead.
- He walked on water.
- He was transfigured on the Mount.
- He was crucified, buried in a tomb and resurrected.
- He was also the "Way, the Truth, the Light, the Messiah, God's Anointed Son, the Son of Man, the Good Shepherd, the Lamb of God, the Word" etc.
- He was "the Fisher," and was associated with the Lamb, Lion and Fish.
- His personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of "Ptah," the "Father."
- HE was called "the KRST," or "Anointed One," long before the Christians duplicated the story.
- In the catacombs at Rome are pictures of Him as a baby being held by his virgin mother. HE WAS... the Egyptian God HORUS
(The ancient Egyptians also adopted the cross as a religious symbol of their pagan gods. Countless Egyptians drawings depict themselves holding crosses in their hands. Among them, the Egyptian savior Horus is depicted holding a cross in his hand. He is also depicted as an infant sitting on his mother's knee with a cross on the seat they occupy. The most common of the crosses used by these pagan Egyptians, the crux ansata, was later adopted by the Christians)
WHO WAS HE?
- He was born on December 25th.
- He was considered a great traveling teacher and master.
- He had 12 companions or disciples.
- He performed miracles.
- He was buried in a tomb.
- After three days he rose again.
- His resurrection was celebrated every year.
- He was called "the Good Shepherd."
- He was considered "the Way, the Truth and the Light, the Redeemer, the Savior, the Messiah."
- He was identified with both the Lion and the Lamb.
- His sacred day was Sunday, "the Lord's Day," hundreds of years before the appearance of Christ.
- He had his principal festival on what was later to become Easter, at which time he was resurrected.
- His religion had a Eucharist or "Lord's Supper."HE WAS... MITHRA
("He who will not eat of my body and drink of my blood, so that he will be made on with me and I with him, the same shall not know salvation." An inscription to Mithras which parallels John 6:53-54. This inscription is inside the vatican... in the tomb of saint peter.)
WHO WAS HE?
- Born of a Virgin
- His father was a carpenter.
- His birth was attended by angels, wise men and shepherds, and he was presented with gold, frankincense and myrrh.
- He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants.
- He was of royal descent.
- He was baptized in A river.
- He worked miracles and wonders.
- He raised the dead and healed lepers, the deaf and the blind.
- Krishna used parables to teach the people about charity and love.
- "He lived poor and he loved the poor."
- He was transfigured in front of his disciples.
- In some traditions he died on a tree or was crucified between two thieves.
- He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.
- He is called the "Shepherd God" and "Lord of lords," and was considered "the Redeemer, Firstborn, Sin Bearer, Liberator, Universal Word."
- He is the second person of the Trinity, and proclaimed himself the "Resurrection" and the "way to the Father."
- He was considered the "Beginning, the Middle and the End," ("Alpha and Omega"), as well as being omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. - His disciples bestowed upon him the title "Jezeus," meaning "pure essence."
- He is to return to do battle with the "Prince of Evil," who will desolate the earthHE WAS... KRISHNA
(The similarities between the Christian character and the Indian messiah are many. Indeed, Massey finds over 100 similarities between the Hindu and Christian saviors, and Graves, who includes the various noncanonical gospels in his analysis, lists over 300 likenesses. It should be noted that a common earlier English spelling of Krishna was "Christna," which reveals its relation to '"Christ." It should also be noted that, like the Jewish godman, many people have believed in a historical, carnalized Krishna)
WHO WAS HE?
- God was his father
- He was born in a cave or cowshed.
- A human woman, a virgin, was his mother.
- His birth was prophesized by a star in the heavens.
- At a marriage ceremony, he performed the miracle of converting water into wine.
- He was powerless to perform miracles in his hometown.
- His followers were born-again through baptism in water.
- He rode triumphantly into a city on a donkey. Tradition records that the inhabitants waved palm leaves.
- He had 12 disciples.
- He was accused of licentious behavior.
- He was killed near the time of the Vernal Equinox, about MAR-21.
- He died "as a sacrifice for the sins of the world."
- He was hung on a tree, stake, or cross.
- After death, he descended into hell.
- On the third day after his death, he returned to life.
- The cave where he was laid was visited by three of his female followers.
- He later ascended to heaven.
- His titles: God made flesh. Savior of the world Son of God.
- He is "God made man," and equal to the Father.
- He will return in the last days.
- He will judge the human race at that time.
- Humans are separated from God by original sin. The godman's sacrificial death reunites the believer with God and atones for the original sin.HE WAS... OSIRIS-DIONYSUS
"Thus says Horus son of Isis: I have come to you, O Wennefer, and I bring Ani to you. His heart is true, having gone forth from the balance, and he has not sinned against any god or goddess. Thoth has judged him in writing which has been told to the Ennead, and Maat the great has witnessed. Let there be given to him [of my] bread and beer which have been issued in the presence of Osiris, and he will be forever like the Followers of Horus." [Papyrus of Ani Plate 4] 1500 B.C.E.
Posted at 04:03 pm by elvenSarah
Monday, April 26, 2004
Well my surgery had to be rescheduled since the oral surgeons office recorded the wrong kind of appt for me. Sew, now my schedule is all fuchsia-ed (skayrooyed) up and as usual I need sleep and that is keeping me from doing anything productive. Oh well. Here is a quote I came across today:
Something funny is happening on the way to the American forum: citizens are discovering they have an empire they never wanted--paid for in casualites, with civil liberties the first victim."
--Patirck Lloyd Hatcher, U.S. Army colonel (retired)
It is so hot I want to take my pants off. I think I will. Cali is just too hot. Must move to beach.
Posted at 12:22 pm by elvenSarah
Sunday, April 25, 2004
Turtles, pigs, and panties
I'm dead tired so I decided to take a little break and show off my cute turtles! I have a giant desert tortoise and a water turtle. The desert tortoise likes to chase around our little dogs (one dachshund and one mixed something) while the dogs chase the water turtle. (It isn't in the water all the time. Sometimes the tortoise will sneek up behind the dog and touch it on the back, sending the dog running away. I think it is looking for a mate, but I don't know. Sure is a funny food chain to watch though. It also scratches at the door to get in like a dog. Ahhhhh....so cute.
These are from last year just before hibernation. The bandage is for an injury caused by a large dog of the turtle's former owner. It looks a lot healthier now. The turtle is over a foot long and nearly 3/4 of a foot high. It will eat grapes your of your hand.
We just got the water turtle, and are not sure what it eats. We think it may have eaten some goldish in the water dish, but not sure. It has a tail like an alligator and looks a little like this:
The water turtle is very fast and likes to come out in the rain.
not some of the strangest shit you have ever seen? Elsie the Inflatable Cow, Luvin Lamb -White, and Alien Love Doll. WTF?
Oh the Japanese. Interesting nation indeed. Check out this
picture, confirming the fabled vending machines with used schoolgirl panties.
It's sunday. Remember to worship the sun god today. It faithfully rises in the east and goes west to the underworld each night, only to rise again.
Note: Yeah, I've now got two pages on this blog!
Posted at 01:14 pm by elvenSarah
Money; the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems (The Perils of work)
Time for the weekend update with Norm, err Sarah the Elven.
I'm turning into a zombie; a work zombie. Many people who work at a 8-5 office job are no longer alive. Their hearts are beating, but they are no longer experiencing life. The sit at their job a majority of their waking day, doing some redundant task that they do only because they need money to exist. They use this money to drive to work, buy food to exist, buy a tv since they are brain dead from working all day, pay medical bills, rent, etc. Basically they use the money to exist. Their free time consists of watching tv after work since they are too brain dead to do anything else. If not that it is doing maintanence tasks on their body, home, relationships, or other things they would rather not be doing. How many people stop on their way to work to kick back and enjoy the view of the mountains without worrying about being late (fired)? How many people hike through nature and take time to sketch a beautiful scene they see? How many people take time to learn new things everyday, outside of work, such as the history behind their religion? How many people enjoy their partners, enjoying learning to please them, enjoy holding them, enjoy the time they have to breath and exist? I don't want to spend the majority of my existance trapped in an office, doing redundant tasks, worrying about everything. I want an alternative.
There, that was my rant. Anyway I got to learn how to crimp cat5e unshielded twisted pair. That is the wire that connects computers into a network. I had never even seen it done before so I had to try to figure it out on my own when my client needed it done. I had no internet connection to research it, and it was a bit frustrating. First I tried stripping all the individual wires and trying to get them to stay in the end, but then I figured out that there is no way it would work. Finally I got a cable to work and was able to use it.
I worked about 10 hours this week, and all that money will go to paying for the speeding ticket I got on friday. That doesn't include my commute time, gas, food, etc. Ugh.
Has anyone heard the new song Game Over, by lil' flip? Are computer gaming nerds the model of hiphop music now? I've got nothing against them, and the song is a bit catchy, but it is very nerdy. I don't like nerdy rap. It is embarassing to be driving around town with the windows down and be blaring some remix from super mario brothers. Driving up next to an old man while some song is talking about fucking so many ho's, or a chick screming in exstacy isn't much better I admit. Let your pron be porn and your music be music.
Early monday morning I have the remainder of my wisdom teeth removed. That will keep me out a few days. Hope it goes well.
Now it's time for: Jack Handy's deep thought of the day.
Why do people eat fruit flavored ice creams such as peach or orange. I mean, if you are having a craving for fruit, wouldn't it be healther to eat a real fruit? When I eat ice cream I want to chocolate flavored with caramel and cookie dough. What's next, spinach ice cream?
Check out this cool ice sculpture from northern china:
Now for the day's comedy. I don't know who wrote this, but it is pretty funny.
How to be a modern republican
1. Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're a conservative radio host. Then it's an illness and you need our prayers for your recovery. Today's blog spellchecked by: No One! Opps.
2. The United States should get out of the United Nations, but our highest national priority is enforcing U.N. resolutions against Iraq.
3. Government should relax regulation of Big Business and Big Money but crack down on individuals who use marijuana to relieve the pain of illness.
4. "Standing Tall" for America means firing your workers and moving their jobs to India.
5. A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multinational corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.
6. Jesus loves you, and shares your hatred of homosexuals and Hillary Clinton.
7. The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches while slashing veterans' benefits and combat pay.
8. Group sex and drug use are degenerate sins unless you someday run for governor of California as a Republican.
9. If condoms are kept out of schools, adolescents won't have sex.
10. A good way to fight terrorism is to belittle our longtime allies, then demand their cooperation and money.
11. HMOs and insurance companies have the interest of the public at heart.
12. Providing health care to all Iraqis is sound policy. Providing health care to all Americans is socialism.
13. Global warming and tobacco's link to cancer are junk science, but creationism should be taught in schools.
14. Saddam was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush's daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him and a bad guy when Bush needed a "we can't find Bin Laden" diversion.
15. A president lying about an extramarital affair is an impeachable offense. A president lying to enlist support for a war in which thousands die is solid defense policy.
16. Government should limit itself to the powers named in the Constitution, which include banning gay marriages and censoring the Internet.
17. The public has a right to know about Hillary's cattle trades, but George Bush's driving record is none of our business.
18. You support states' rights, which means Attorney General John Ashcroft can tell states what local voter initiatives they have a right to adopt.
19. What Bill Clinton did in the 1960s is of vital national interest, but what Bush did in the 1980s is irrelevant.
20. Trade with Cuba is wrong because the country is communist, but trade with China and Vietnam is vital to a spirit of international harmony.
Posted at 12:02 am by elvenSarah
Sunday, April 18, 2004
I've been doing some meditation lately. Nothing formal like tai chi, chai tea stuff (Though I would like to study that), more like stretches and deep breathing while listening to old world music. (celtic, native american, shakuhachi, recorders, etc). I had some great relaxing music that I found on kazaa*, but I lost it all to a hard drive crash. I lost a lot to a hard drive crash slash backup deletion, but that is another story. Anyway, while grabbing some possible meditative stuff, I ran across some music that is supposed to alter the frequency of your brainwaves. Apparently the brain operates at set frequency ranges depending on the activity. The higher ranges are known a beta, and are used for critical thinking and analysis. Alpha brainwaves are a bit slower, more relaxed state, theta is nearly a trance state, such as when you begin to daydream while doing a redundant task. Theta is known to be a state with high levels of creativity. Delta is the lowest state and is deep trance and sleep.
I have been trying these out and meditating really does help, even if it is just stretching, clearing your mind, and listening to relaxing music. Whiles listening to the theta music I have been finding something interesting. Several years ago I noticed that when someone paid attention to me, was kind to me, took the time to quiz me on my spelling test, I would get a great feeling on parts of my head. The feeling if localized. So much so that I can almost point out a specific area about a inch or so wide in certain places that feel this way. I was told it could be endorphins, but this seems to localized. Back to the theta tapes, I have found that I can more easily reproduce this feeling while listening to them. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the state of mind, or the 3d effects of the music or what, but it is a great feeling, and I want to do some more experimenting with it. States of mind is a very interesting topic to me.
*My personal feelings about sharing music: If you find something you like, throw a couple bucks to the author and by the cd or go to a site selling the mp3 and buy the songs you like.
For your healing humour for the day try out the site bash.org
. Very funny chat logs from IRC. Here is a sample:
<ohm> i was just in an AIM convo with a chick, and my grandmother's window pops up
<ohm> i go like this to her
<ohm> "i want to suck on your clit"
P.S. I am hoping to find a better layout for this site, but I am just so busy or lazy or something.
Posted at 03:39 am by elvenSarah
Saturday, April 10, 2004
working hard for the money
Over a week since my last update. I have been extremely busy. Something about this season does that. I've been making some cash doing consulting for a company in dire need of computer repairs. Everything computer related (networks, PCs, e-mails, servers) is a mess and has been without maintenance for too long. When they have a serious problem, they call me in to put some band-aids on it. I'm hoping they will eventually fund an entire overhaul of the system, but realistically I know they will just be applying more tournaquets to the wound for several years. The pay is OK, but not great. It is paying my bills though. I still cannot wait until I am able to move full ahead on the adult websites. I would much rather prefer to be making enough on that so I don't have to do all this other crap.
I will be going to an easter (christianized Ishtar celebrations) service this weekend. I have actually not stopped going to church even though I am no longer a christian. My parents are fanatical fundamentalists and I am still in the closet with them and in fact with all my family and many of my friends. It is really tough, I'm not sure how much longer I can handle it.
For fun, try out the easter quiz by father dan For more on this and similar topics I would recommend exchristian.net.
Posted at 02:54 pm by elvenSarah
Wednesday, March 31, 2004
Well, as expected, the latest passion film has created a huge industry of people wanting to buy home versions of the torture devices found in the movie. I've seen nails (Yes, nails),The Passion Pocket Pins & Coins, The Passion of the Christ Nail Pendant,Wall Plaque, books, tapes, Road to the Cross Desktop Art and the crown of thorns.
The description under this item is "Consider this vivid, stark reminder of Christ's suffering." Ain't it a cute little torture device with those flowers next to it? I'm sorry, but when you love someone, I just find it odd to purchase minature versions of the device used to kill them and then putting it up in your house or around your neck. Isn't it better to remember the teachings of christ and have morals based on what is right, instead of, well that must have hurt a lot, we should follow him. Which is more important, a day of pain, or a life of moral teachings? Maybe if I feel bad enough about what happened, then that will make me a good christian and god will let me in heaven? Some lunatic is going to wear this thing to try to appease god. It will happen. Probably already has.
Religion seems to be fascinated by pain. Through pain we can cleanse the evil from our body. It is a purchased ticket to a clean concious. If god is all powerful, it can set any rules it wants. According to the common christian cannon, the rules it decided to set is that it must have a human version of itself be tortured to death in order to create a gateway to heaven and allow itself to forgive us. That is some twisted stuff.
Off Topic: So what is this I am hearing about "Operation Desert Badger"? WTF is that?
Well I think I will go listen to a little bit less bloody merch; the album from Moulin Rouge. That should get me back into a lighter mood.
Posted at 07:15 pm by elvenSarah
Monday, March 29, 2004
I signed up with several adult themed companies that I want to work with. The list is over three pages long. I've heard back from most of them so the next step is to begin the promotion. That means building the sites, placing the appropriate content on it, using reciprocal links to other sites to get traffic, signing up with search engines, site lists, thumb nail gallery posts, etc. I have a couple free hosts right now. Some allow any content, but have banners. The bannerless sites only allow their sites to be promoted. When I get a bit further in to this I will purchase my own domain and hosting so I can do whatever I want with it.
Here is a thought to ponder. Should I put pictures of me on some of my sites? It's free content and might be fun. I don't have some amazing body, but I have seen worse in porn. The only thing that bothers me is if someone I know recognizes me. That is just strange. Most of my family is extremely conservative. Drinking wine is evil to them. I would probably be kicked out of the family, but only after enduring a lot of crazy yelling and phone calls. More likely though no one would admit to seeing them, and would just think I am some whore. Hmmmm....What would Cthulhu do?
Once I get a list of the sites up, I will probably post a beta for everyone to see. Keep in mind that I am no HTML goddess yet.
Well I need to get my lazy butt in gear and go to the gym for the first time since the surgery.
Site exchange for the day: WIL WHEATON DOT NETRemember Wesley Crusher from Star Trek the Next Generation? Check out the blog of the man behind the boy.
Posted at 07:02 pm by elvenSarah
Friday, March 26, 2004
It's friday! Tonight I'm going to party with a friend of mine that is in town for spring break. Should be fun. Tommorow will be my day for stuff such as laundry and, hopefully, working on my porn sites. We shall see.
I added a new clique, tealicious. Tea roxors my sockors. I think I will go get some.
Thank Zeus for dictionary.com. I can't spell worth crawp.
Posted at 02:26 pm by elvenSarah
Sunday, March 21, 2004
. I have a toolbar installed in internet explorer and I can't figure out how to uninstall it! I'm a computer science major for gate's sake. Anyone know how to get rid of isearch toolbar. I really don't want to try to find all the keys for it in the registry. I hate adware/spyware. I will not be putting any on my websites. It seriously should be illegal. They are modifying my computer, tracking my usage, taking my bandwidth, my time, making my computer unstable. UGH!
Anyway I think I need to run defrag. I haven't done that in ages. I'm not even sure if I have done it since I last reformatted and installed dildos xp. Well that is my rant on my love hate relationship with computers.
My jaw is hurting again. Maybe I should take some meds. I have a lot of work to do monday.
Posted at 02:27 pm by elvenSarah